Makes about 1½ cups
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ cup water
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add the seeded jalapeño, garlic clove and 1-inch piece of ginger to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
2. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts. Pulse to evenly chop, about 10 pulses.
4. Scrape bowl and add 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, ½ cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons tamari and 1 teaspoon each chili paste, lime juice and fish sauce. Secure the Cooking Lid.
5. The processor is set to blend for 60 seconds on Speed 12. When started, slowly add ½ cup water.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
7. If a thinner sauce is desired, add water one tablespoon at a time while the processor is running on Speed 12.
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 53 (69% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 2g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 0mg • sod. 108mg • calc. 13mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free