Makes about 3 cups
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, about 4-5 ounces, sliced
- 8 ounces mixed white and cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
1. Put 2 cups of water into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
2. The cooking time is set to 15 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
3. Once water comes to a boil, stir in the ¼ cup of dried porcini mushrooms and let sit for 30 minutes to steep with Cooking Lid secured.
4. After 30 minutes, strain the porcinis and reserve both the mushrooms and the liquid separately. Wipe the work bowl dry.
5. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 3mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
6. Slice a medium onion and 8 ounces of mixed of white and cremini mushrooms.
7. Remove and reserve. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the garlic clove and reserved porcinis. Secure the Cooking Lid.
8. The processor is set to chop for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
9. Scrape the bowl. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle. Add 3 tablespoons butter and the reserved onions and mushrooms. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
10. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
11. Add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. An additional 3 minutes of cooking time are set at 250°F on Speed 2.
12. Add ¼ cup sherry. An additional 5 minutes of cooking time are set at 205°F on Speed 2.
13. Add 1 cup each reserved cooking liquid and vegetable broth and ⅛ teaspoon each salt and dried thyme.
14. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 205°F on Speed 4.
15. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
Nutritional information per serving (⅓ cup): Calories 63 (58% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 2g • fat 4g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 10mg • sod. 119mg • calc. 6mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free