Makes 12 cups (for MSC-600); Makes about 8 cups (for MSC-400 model)
- 3 pounds lamb shoulder (reduce to 2 pounds for MSC-400 model), cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1large onion, sliced
- 1pound carrots (about 8 to 10 small carrots), peeled and cut into ¼-inch rounds (reduce to 3 medium carrots for the MSC-400 model)
- 11-inch piece of ginger (reduce to ½-inch piece for MSC-400 model), peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves (reduce to 3 cloves for MSC-400 model), chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks (reduce to 1 stick for MSC-400 model)
- 1½ teaspoons (reduce to 1 teaspoon for MSC-400 model) ground cumin
- 1¼ teaspoons (reduce to ¾ teaspoon for MSC-400 model) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (reduce to ¼ teaspoon for MSC-400 model) freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch saffron
- pinch ground cloves
- 12 ounces (reduce to 8 ounces for MSC-400 model) dried prunes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reduce to 1 can, drained and rinsed, for MSC-400 model)
- ¼ cup (reduce to 2 tablespoons for MSC-400 model) tomato paste
- 4 cups (reduce to 2 cups for MSC-400 model) beef or chicken stock
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 524 (45% from fat) • carb. 44g • pro. 27g
- fat 26g • sat. fat 11g • chol. 81mg • sod. 615mg
- calc. 70mg • fiber 8g
- Put all ingredients together into the pot of the Multicooker. Stir together to coat all ingredients well.
- Set unit to Slow Cook on Low for 16 hours.
- Once unit switches to Keep Warm, taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
*If you have the time, we recommend browning the meat prior to slow cooking. Do this on Brown/Sauté at 400°F prior to the first step.