Makes about 5 cups (ten ½-cup servings)
- 3 cups goat's milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- pinch sea or kosher salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons goat's milk powder (found in many mainstream grocery stores, or in any health food store)
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup):
Calories 115 (24% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 3g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 8mg • sod. 42mg • calc. 99mg • fiber 0g
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine all of the ingredients. Cover, refrigerate, at least 2 hours, or overnight. Whisk mixture again before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl of the Cuisinart® Ice Cream and Gelato Maker fitted with the ice cream paddle. Turn unit on, set Timer and press Start. Let mix until thickened, about 40 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.