No servings information available
4 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon ground cloves 2 cups sugar 2 cups vegetable shortening 2 eggs 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup raisins ½ cup chopped nuts (to place on top of frosting) Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients: 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened ⅓ cup butter or margarine, softened 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups powdered sugar
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in medium bowl. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined.
- Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Frost cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle nuts on top.