Makes about 5 cups
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Hot Fudge Sauce, warm
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup): Calories 160 (25% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 2g • fat 5g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 10mg • sod. 43mg
• calc. 32mg • fiber 2g
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugars and salt. Add the milk and, using a hand mixer on low speed or a whisk, beat to combine until the cocoa, sugars and salt are dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Whisk mixture together again before continuing.
- Assemble the paddle holder of the Cuisinart® Fruit Scoop™ Frozen Dessert Maker with the ice cream paddle. Place in freezer bowl and turn the unit on. While the unit is running, pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl. Allow to churn until thick, about 18 to 20 minutes. Just before finishing, add the Hot Fudge Sauce and allow to mix into the churning ice cream for about 1 minute. Turn unit off. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.