Makes about 4 to 6 servings
- 1 small shallot, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted, all moisture wrung out with tea towel
- 1½ cups heavy cream, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 339 (90% from fat)
• carb. 5g • pro. 3g • fat 31g
• sat. fat 22g • Col. 123mg • sod. 317mg • calc.109mg • fiber 4g
1.Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ½ shallot to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid . The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
2.Add 1 teaspoon butter to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 6 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
3.Add one pound bag of spinach, defrosted with all moisture wrung out, one cup of heavy cream, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
4.The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
5.Scrape the bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The processor is set to blend for 30 seconds on Speed 10.
6.Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference. Hold at Keep Warm until serving, adding more heavy cream if necessary.