Makes about 10 cups
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon kosher/sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
Nutritional information per 1-cup serving:
Calories 144 (50% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 2g
• fat 8g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 6mg • sod. 60mg
• calc. 1mg • fiber 2g
- Put the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and sea salt into a heavy-bottom saucepan and place over medium low heat until melted. Once melted, whisk together to incorporate ingredients well. Leave over very low heat to keep warm.
- Pour the vegetable oil onto the heating plate with the measured popcorn kernels.
- Place the bowl on the popping plate and switch the slide selector to Pop.
- Once the last kernel has popped, move the slide selector from Pop to Mix. Drizzle the melted chocolate mixture through the flavor dispenser using a spatula to scrape all ingredients out of the pan. Allow to mix for about 30 to 45 seconds so flavors completely coat the popcorn.
- Place lid on popper and invert. Serve immediately.