• 1 head of cauliflower
• 1 c. AP Flour
• ⅓ c. nutritional yeast
• 1 tablespoon. garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon. onion powder
• ¾ c. your favorite hot sauce (I use Texas Pete)
• 2 tablespoon. Earth Balance or any other vegan butter
• 1.5 c. almond milk or any other dairy-free milk
• 1 package vegan hamburger buns (sold at most stores. Read the ingredients)
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• vegan ranch
No nutrition information available
- Prepare the cauliflower first by cutting the cauliflower into florets. Preheat the over to 450 degrees (or, if deep frying, oil to medium to medium -high heat). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper if baking.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add the almond milk into the dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Add the cauliflower to the batter and coat well. Place on pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Alternately, if you are frying, fry fr approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking the cauliflower, melt the Earth Balance in a small pot then add the hot sauce.
- When cauliflower is done baking, remove and add the hot sauce. Coat well.
- Put cauliflower back on pan. Heat oven to broil and bake cauliflower for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Compose by putting the cauliflower on the but then topping with vegan ranch and additional hot sauce if wanted.