Makes twelve 8-inch crepes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk, room temperature
- ¾ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
Nutritional information per serving (1 crepe): Calories 91 (47% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 3g • fat 5g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 58mg • sod. 122 mg • calc. 30mg • fiber 0g
- Insert the Stirring Paddle. Add ¼ cup butter, cut into tablespoons. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 190°F on Speed 1.
2. Once butter is melted, the cooking time is set to 5 minutes at 85°F on Speed 1. Gradually add 1 cup milk once started.
3. Add ¾ cup flour, ½ teaspoon salt and tablespoon sugar. Continue mixing at 85°F on Speed 2 for 5 minutes until combined.
4. Put 3 large eggs into liquid measuring cup with one teaspoon of vanilla. The cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 85°F on speed 6. Pour in egg mixture once started.
5. Leave the batter to rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
6. Before using batter, whisk to re-blend and pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove any possible lumps.
7. Set an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat with ½ teaspoon of butter.
8. Once pan is hot and butter has melted, add a scant ¼ cup of batter to the pan, moving the batter around very quickly to make a thin coating on the bottom of the pan.
9. Cook the crêpe for 1½ to 2 minutes, until the edges just start to brown, and then carefully flip by hand, taking the edge closest to you and carefully flipping toward the back of the pan.
10. Finish the other side for an additional minute. Continue cooking crêpes until the batter is all used.
11. Reserve in a warm oven, loosely covered with foil, and a piece of parchment between every couple of crêpes.