- 4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 5 pounds chicken wings, cut in sections
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Vegetable oil
- Dried oregano
- Peppercorn ranch dressing
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- Using a food processor fitted with the chopping/mixing blade and with processor running, add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper through the food chute. Process 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is grated. Set aside.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels.
- Place one layer of wings into the fryer basket and carefully lower basket into the preheated oil. Deep fry chicken wings in oil until chicken reaches 165°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes. Remove from fryer, drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and garlic on HIGH power for 30 seconds at a time until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. Brush each chicken piece with butter mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture and oregano.
- Serve immediately with peppercorn ranch dressing for dipping.