Cuisinart Custom 14 (DFP-14YIHR) 14-Cup Food Processor
Cuisinart makes cooking for crowds easy and fast with the Custom 14 Cup Food Processor. Made from brushed stainless steel, this sleek kitchen workhorse is a breeze to use and will whir through prep and cooking with ease. Whether you are making a weeknight meal or a weekend celebration, the large capacity work bowl will hold everything as the 720 watt motor makes quick work chopping whole fruits and vegetables, shredding cheese, or kneading dough.
- 14-Cup Work Bowl - Perfect size for bigger recipes, a favourite for entertaining
- 720 Watts - Makes quick work of mixing, chopping, puréeing, emulsifying, kneading, slicing, and shredding
- 4mm Serrated Slicing Disc - Consistent, perfect food prep in minutes
- Medium Shredding Disk - Stainless steel construction for cheese, fruits and vegetables
- Supreme Wide Mouth Feed Tube - Accommodates whole fruits and vegetables – less precutting required
(Defective returns or Issues, Customer Needs To Contact Cuisinart support: Directly)
Kids love chili and it’s a versatile dish. You can serve it on hot dogs, fill tacos with it or eat it plain. This one freezes well for about 6 months, so make it in batches.
Servings: 8½ cups (2 L)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 pounds (907 g) boneless beef chuck, chilled
- 3 teaspoons (15 ml) cumin seeds
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) chili powder
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) paprika
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon (1 ml) crushed red pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces [227 g] each) whole tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 4 cups (1 L) red kidney beans
- Suggested garnishes – see end of recipe
Insert metal blade. Put garlic and onion into the work bowl. Process until finely chopped, about 15 seconds. Remove and reserve. Trim beef of all fat and cut it into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Process until coarsely chopped, about 10 to 12 pulses.
Brown cumin seeds in saucepot over medium heat. Shake pan constantly and cook until cumin begins to smoke, about 1 minute. Remove and reserve.
Heat vegetable oil in same saucepot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add beef and cook, stirring often, until no pink colour remains, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, stir in cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and red pepper, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Use metal blade to coarsely chop tomatoes, pulsing 4 to 5 times. Add to saucepot with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and cook until heated through. Taste and add salt, if needed.
Try some of these garnishes with the chili: shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced jalapeño peppers, sliced scallions, sliced black olives, chopped tomato or chopped avocado.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 273 (34% from fat) • carb. 29g • pro. 33g • fat 14g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 68mg • sod. 1119mg • calc. 81mg • fiber 11g
SaleCanada Inc. guarantees you, our customer a safe shopping experience. All your transactions are 100% safe and secure. You will be notified of any unauthorized transactions on your credit card on our site and will ensure, you don’t pay anything for those charges.