Makes one 9-inch cheesecake
- 1 recipe *Graham Cracker Crust*
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups sour cream
Nutritional information per serving (based on 12 servings): Calories 550 (64% from fat) • carb. 39g • pro. 9g • fat 39g • sat. fat 23g • Col. 193mg • sod. 280mg • calc. 55mg • fiber 0g
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place a large roasting pan on bottom rack of oven and fill with water up to 1 to 2 inches.
2. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Pat prepared *Graham Cracker Crust* evenly into prepared springform pan.
4. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add three, 8-ounce packages room temperature cream cheese, each cut into 6 pieces, to the work bowl.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to blend for 2 minutes on Speed 12.
6. Scrape the bowl. The processor is set for 1 minute on Speed 12. When started, add 1½ cups granulated sugar through the Steam Vent.
7. Scrape the bowl and then secure the Cooking Lid.
8. The processor is set for 2 minutes on Speed 12. When started, add 5 large eggs, one at a time, not adding the next until each is incorporated, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
9. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add 3 cups sour cream. Pulse until just incorporated
10. Pour filling into prepared pan and bake in middle of the oven.
11. Add more water to roasting pan if any has evaporated.
12. Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake to rest in oven. Do not open the oven door until the end of 3 hours.
13. Once completely cool, wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
14. Serve with fresh berries.